What is the CPCS Blue Competent Operator Card?
The Blue Competent Operator Card proves to employers that you are competent to operate a particular type of plant. The card lasts for 5 years and is renewable.
To gain the card you must demonstrate:
- Health, safety and environmental awareness
- Underpinning knowledge of operating the type of plant
- Operating competence on the type of plant
How to Renew Your Card: Up to 5 Years After Expiry
To renew your Blue Competent Operator Card within the 5-year limit you must:
- Pass the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment Test
- Pass the CPCS Renewal Tests relevant to the categories you are renewing
- Demonstrate ongoing operating experience through one of the following:
How to Renew Your Card: 5+ Years After Expiry
To renew your Blue Competent Operator Card after the 5-year limit you must:
- Pass the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment test
- Pass the CPCS Theory Test for each category held
- Pass the CPCS Practical Test for each category held
- Hold the relevant NVQ (otherwise, a Trained Operator Card will be issued)
Did You Obtain Your Card Via “Grand Father Rights”?
CPCS is currently phasing out Blue Competent Operator Cards gained through Industry Accreditation (“Grand Father Rights”). Any cards issued through transitional routes will be completely removed by December 2024.
Why You Should Choose BAM CT
Here at BAM Construction Training, we’re here to help you through every step of renewing your card, whether that’s within or after the 5-year limit.
Our dedicated team are here to support you in achieving all renewal requirements so that you can get back on-site as soon as possible.
Ready to renew your CPCS Blue Competent Operator Card?
Simply call our office at 01189 790 030